WARNING! This experiment is dangerous! You should NOT perform this at home. ONLY carry out this experiment, if you are a trained chemist, and you understand local safety and legal requirements, which are required to perform such experiments
- Obtain acetylene. Put several grams of calcium carbide into a flask equipped with venting with water. Also, acetylene may be taken from a cylinder.
- Fill the balloon with exuding acetylene.
- For a more powerful explosion, oxygen may be pumped from the cylinder. Also, oxygen can be obtained in a variety of other ways.
- Hold the balloon to a source of fire, while being at a long distance.
- Watch the explosion of acetylene.