WARNING! This experiment is dangerous! You should NOT perform this at home. ONLY carry out this experiment, if you are a trained chemist, and you understand local safety and legal requirements, which are required to perform such experiments
- Obtain chlorine gas. There are many different ways, but you can take it from the cylinder.
- Collect 0.5L of chlorine gas into a chemical cylinder.
- Pour 2 g of antimony powder into a test tube and heat it over a gas burner or alcohol lamp.
- Slowly add the heated antimony powder into the cylinder with chlorine.
- Observe the rain of fire and how the cylinder fills with white smoke.