WARNING! This experiment is dangerous! You should NOT perform this at home. ONLY carry out this experiment, if you are a trained chemist, and you understand local safety and legal requirements, which are required to perform such experiments
- Since chlorine is a hazardous gas, this experiment must be performed only in a fume hood.
- Prepare the flask. Put it into the fume hood.
- Put a piece of aluminum foil on the wire.
- Fill the flask with chlorine.
- Heat the aluminum foil with a gas burner.
- Place the foil into the flask.
- Aluminum burns in chlorine atmosphere. The white steam appears.