WARNING! This experiment is dangerous! You should NOT perform this at home. ONLY carry out this experiment, if you are a trained chemist, and you understand local safety and legal requirements, which are required to perform such experiments
- Take a lithium battery, remove the plastic wrap, and open the metal case.
- Take out the inside part of the battery, unwind the rolled coated lithium foil, remove the warps.
- Place removed lithium into a beaker, filled with kerosene for storage.
- Take a piece of lithium with tweezers and place it on a metal plate. Blot off the kerosene using filter paper.
- Ignite the piece of lithium with a burner.