WARNING! This experiment is dangerous! You should NOT perform this at home. ONLY carry out this experiment, if you are a trained chemist, and you understand local safety and legal requirements, which are required to perform such experiments
- Fix a test tube to a stand at an angle of 45 degrees.
- Pour 3 g of potassium permanganate into the test tube.
- Add 5 ml of sulfuric acid to potassium permanganate. The liquid should be colored in dark-green color.
- Slowly, one by one, throw small paper balls into the test tube.
- Observe the flash, bangs and smoke emission.