- Prepare two beakers and two pieces of wire mesh.
- Fold the wire mesh into a cone shape. The cone diameter should be close to the size of the beaker.
- Fill the beaker with sodium hydroxide solution.
- Put the wire cones into the beaker top.
- Place the copper sulfate crystals into the first cone.
- Observe the formation of blue stalactites and stalagmites in the first beaker.
- Leave the beaker for a few hours. Stalactites and stalagmites will change color.
- Place the cobalt nitrate crystals into the second cone.
- Observe the formation of pink stalactites and stalagmites in the second beaker.