WARNING! This experiment is dangerous! You should NOT perform this at home. ONLY carry out this experiment, if you are a trained chemist, and you understand local safety and legal requirements, which are required to perform such experiments
- This experiment should be performed only in a fume hood.
- Prepare a flask, chlorine source and a red rose.
- Attach one end of the gas delivery tube to the chlorine source. Put the other one down the flask.
- Fill the flask with chlorine.
- Place the rose into the flask. Cover the flask neck with a watch glass.
- After a while take out the flower. The rose turns white.