- Prepare the first solution. Dissolve 4 g of copper sulfate in 20 ml water.
- Prepare the second solution. For this, dissolve a little potassium sodium tartrate, and sodium hydroxide in water.
- Mix the first and the second solutions. Thus, we have obtained the Fehling's solution.
- Take two test tubes. Put a small amount of table sugar into the first test tube and a small amount of glucose into the second test tube. Add some water into both test tubes with stirring, achieving complete dissolution.
- Add Fehling's solution into both tubes and mix.
- Place both tubes in a water bath.
- Watch the color change in one of the test tubes (with glucose).