WARNING! This experiment is dangerous! You should NOT perform this at home. ONLY carry out this experiment, if you are a trained chemist, and you understand local safety and legal requirements, which are required to perform such experiments
- Take a rotating stand like in a potterywheel.
- Take a metal cup and pour a small amount of hexane in it.
- Take a 30*50 cm piece of metal gauze and roll it into a cylinder. Lock the cylindrical form with wire or clips.
- Place the cup with hexane on the rotating stand. Ignite the fuel.
- Put the cylinder of metal gauze in the center of rotating stand.
- Rotate the stand and watch the fire tornado.