Also known as: Butyl bromide
Hazard information danger
- Highly flammable liquid and vapour
- Causes skin irritation
- Causes serious eye irritation
- May cause respiratory irritation
- Toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects
- Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking. [As modified by IV ATP]
- Keep container tightly closed.
- Ground/bond container and receiving equipment.
- Use explosion-proof electrical/ventilating/light/…/equipment.
- Use only non-sparking tools.
- Take precautionary measures against static discharge.
- Avoid breathing dust/fume/ gas/mist/vapours/spray. [As modified by IV ATP]
- Wash … thoroughly after handling.
- Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area.
- Avoid release to the environment.
- Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. [As modified by IV ATP]
- Take off contaminated clothing. [As modified by IV ATP]
- Collect spillage.
- Store locked up.
- Dispose of contents/container to … [… in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulation (to be specified)].