Substance: arsenic trioxide.
Also known as: Diarsenic trioxide Arsenic(III) oxide Arsenic sesquioxide Arseneous oxide Arseneous anhydride White arsenic
Hazard information danger
- Fatal if swallowed
- Causes severe skin burns and eye damage
- May cause cancer
- Very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects
- Obtain special instructions before use.
- Wash … thoroughly after handling.
- Avoid release to the environment.
- Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. [As modified by IV ATP]
- IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor/… [As modified by IV ATP]
- IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses if present and easy to do – continue rinsing.