Substance: bismuth nitrate pentahydrate.
Also known as: Bismuth trinitrate Bismuth(III) nitrate pentahydrate
Hazard information danger
- May intensify fire; oxidizer
- Causes skin irritation
- Causes serious eye irritation
- May cause respiratory irritation
- Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking. [As modified by IV ATP]
- Keep/Store away from clothing/…/combustible materials. [As modified by IV ATP]
- Take any precaution to avoid mixing with combustibles.
- Avoid breathing dust/fume/ gas/mist/vapours/spray. [As modified by IV ATP]
- Wash … thoroughly after handling.
- Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area.
- Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. [As modified by IV ATP]
- IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of water/… [As modified by IV ATP]
- IF INHALED: IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing. [As modified by IV ATP]
- IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses if present and easy to do – continue rinsing.
- Call a POISON CENTER/ doctor/…/if you feel unwell. [As modified by IV ATP]
- Specific treatment (see … on this label).
- If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice/attention.
- If eye irritation persists get medical advice/attention.
- Take off contaminated clothing. [As modified by IV ATP]
- In case of fire: Use … to extinguish. [As modified by IV ATP]
- Store in a well ventilated place. Keep container tightly closed.
- Store locked up.
- Dispose of contents/container to … [… in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulation (to be specified)].