Substance: calcium hydroxide.
Also known as: Slaked lime Milk of lime Calcium(II) hydroxide Pickling lime Hydrated lime Portlandite Calcium hydrate
Hazard information danger
- Causes skin irritation
- Causes serious eye damage
- May cause respiratory irritation
- Avoid breathing dust/fume/ gas/mist/vapours/spray. [As modified by IV ATP]
- Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. [As modified by IV ATP]
- IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses if present and easy to do – continue rinsing.