Substance: Chromium trioxide.
Also known as: Chromic anhydride Chromium(VI) oxide Chromic acid (misnomer)
Hazard information danger
- May cause fire or explosion; strong oxidizer
- Causes severe skin burns and eye damage
- May cause an allergic skin reaction
- Causes serious eye damage
- Fatal if inhaled
- May cause allergy or asthma symptoms or breathing difficulties if inhaled
- May cause genetic defects
- May cause cancer
- Suspected of damaging fertility or the unborn child
- Causes damage to organs through prolonged or repeated exposure
- Very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects
- Obtain special instructions before use.
- Do not handle until all safety precautions have been read and understood.
- Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking. [As modified by IV ATP]
- Keep/Store away from clothing/…/combustible materials. [As modified by IV ATP]
- Take any precaution to avoid mixing with combustibles.
- Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- Wash … thoroughly after handling.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product.
- Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area.
- Contaminated work clothing should not be allowed out of the workplace.
- Avoid release to the environment.
- Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. [As modified by IV ATP]
- Wear fire/flame resistant/retardant clothing.
- [In case of inadequate ventilation] wear respiratory protection. [As modified by IV ATP]
- Take off contaminated clothing. [As modified by IV ATP]
- Collect spillage.
- Store locked up.
- Dispose of contents/container to … [… in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulation (to be specified)].