Substance: Ethyl acetate.
Also known as: Ethyl ethanoate Acetic ester Acetic ether Ethyl ester of acetic acid
Hazard information danger
- Highly flammable liquid and vapour
- Causes serious eye irritation
- May cause drowsiness or dizziness
- Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking. [As modified by IV ATP]
- Avoid breathing dust/fume/ gas/mist/vapours/spray. [As modified by IV ATP]
- IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses if present and easy to do – continue rinsing.