Also known as: Methanal Methyl aldehyde Methylene glycol Methylene oxide Formalin Formol
Hazard information danger
- Causes severe skin burns and eye damage
- May cause an allergic skin reaction
- May cause respiratory irritation
- Suspected of causing genetic defects
- May cause cancer
- Causes damage to organs
- Obtain special instructions before use.
- Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. [As modified by IV ATP]
- IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses if present and easy to do – continue rinsing.
- IF exposed or concerned: Call a POISON CENTER/ doctor/… [Added by IV ATP]
- Store in a well ventilated place. Keep container tightly closed.