Substance: propane, butane.
Also known as: liquid petroleum gas LP gas LPG
Hazard information danger
- MAY CAUSE FROSTBITE
- MAY FORM EXPLOSIVE MIXTURES WITH AIR
- Extremely flammable gas
- Contains gas under pressure; may explode if heated
- MAY DISPLACE OXYGEN AND CAUSE RAPID SUFFOCATION
- Do not handle until all safety precautions have been read and understood.
- Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking. [As modified by IV ATP]
- Leaking gas fire – do not extinguish unless leak can be stopped safely.
- Eliminate all ignition sources if safe to do so.