Substance: Mercury(I) chloride.
Also known as: calomel mercurous chloride
Hazard information warning
- Harmful if swallowed
- Causes skin irritation
- Causes serious eye irritation
- May cause respiratory irritation
- Very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects
- Avoid breathing dust/fume/ gas/mist/vapours/spray. [As modified by IV ATP]
- Avoid release to the environment.
- IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses if present and easy to do – continue rinsing.
- Dispose of contents/container to … [… in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulation (to be specified)].