Substance: mercury(II) chloride.
Also known as: mercury dichloride mercuric chloride
Hazard information danger
- Causes severe skin burns and eye damage
- Suspected of causing genetic defects
- Suspected of damaging fertility.
- Causes damage to organs through prolonged or repeated exposure
- Very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects
- Wash … thoroughly after handling.
- Avoid release to the environment.
- Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. [As modified by IV ATP]
- IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor/… [As modified by IV ATP]
- [Deleted by IV ATP]
- IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses if present and easy to do – continue rinsing.