Substance: nitrogen dioxide.
Also known as: nitrogen(IV) oxide deutoxide of nitrogen
Hazard information danger
- May cause or intensify fire; oxidizer
- Causes severe skin burns and eye damage
- Fatal if inhaled
- Keep/Store away from clothing/…/combustible materials. [As modified by IV ATP]
- Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. [As modified by IV ATP]
- [In case of inadequate ventilation] wear respiratory protection. [As modified by IV ATP]
- IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses if present and easy to do – continue rinsing.
- Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor/… [As modified by IV ATP]