Substance: potassium dichromate.
Also known as: potassium dichromate(VI) potassium bichromate bichromate of potash dipotassium dichromate dichromic acid, dipotassium salt chromic acid, dipotassium salt
Hazard information danger
- May intensify fire; oxidizer
- Toxic if swallowed
- Harmful in contact with skin
- Causes severe skin burns and eye damage
- May cause an allergic skin reaction
- Fatal if inhaled
- May cause allergy or asthma symptoms or breathing difficulties if inhaled
- May cause genetic defects
- May cause cancer
- May damage fertility. May damage the unborn child
- Causes damage to organs through prolonged or repeated exposure
- Very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects
- Obtain special instructions before use.
- Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking. [As modified by IV ATP]
- Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. [As modified by IV ATP]
- IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses if present and easy to do – continue rinsing.