Substance: potassium hydroxide.
Also known as: Caustic potash Potash lye Potassia Potassium hydrate
Hazard information danger
- May be corrosive to metals
- Harmful if swallowed
- Causes severe skin burns and eye damage
- Causes serious eye damage
- Harmful to aquatic life
- Keep only in original container.
- Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- Wash … thoroughly after handling.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product.
- Avoid release to the environment.
- Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. [As modified by IV ATP]
- Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. [As modified by IV ATP]
- Store locked up.
- Store in a corrosive resistant/… container with a resistant inner liner.
- Dispose of contents/container to … [… in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulation (to be specified)].