Substance: silver(I) oxide.
Also known as: silver oxide silver rust argentous oxide silver monoxide
Hazard information danger
- May cause fire or explosion; strong oxidizer
- Causes serious eye damage
- Very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects
- Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking. [As modified by IV ATP]
- Keep/Store away from clothing/…/combustible materials. [As modified by IV ATP]
- Take any precaution to avoid mixing with combustibles.
- Avoid release to the environment.
- Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. [As modified by IV ATP]
- Wear fire/flame resistant/retardant clothing.
- IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses if present and easy to do – continue rinsing.
- IF ON CLOTHING: Rinse immediately contaminated clothing and skin with plenty of water before removing clothes.
- Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor/… [As modified by IV ATP]
- In case of fire: Use … to extinguish. [As modified by IV ATP]
- In case of major fire and large quantities: Evacuate area. Fight fire remotely due to the risk of explosion.
- Collect spillage.
- Dispose of contents/container to … [… in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulation (to be specified)].