Substance: sodium sulfide.
Also known as: Disodium sulfide
Hazard information danger
- May be corrosive to metals
- Toxic if swallowed
- Causes severe skin burns and eye damage
- Very toxic to aquatic life
- Avoid release to the environment.
- Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. [As modified by IV ATP]
- IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor/… [As modified by IV ATP]
- IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses if present and easy to do – continue rinsing.
- Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor/… [As modified by IV ATP]