Substance: tert-Butyl bromide.
Also known as: 2-Bromo-2-methylpropane 1-Bromo-1,1-dimethylethane Bromotrimethylmethane 1,1-Dimethylethyl bromide Trimethylbromomethane
Hazard information danger
- Highly flammable liquid and vapour
- Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking. [As modified by IV ATP]
- Keep container tightly closed.
- Ground/bond container and receiving equipment.
- Use explosion-proof electrical/ventilating/light/…/equipment.
- Use only non-sparking tools.
- Take precautionary measures against static discharge.
- Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. [As modified by IV ATP]
- Dispose of contents/container to … [… in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulation (to be specified)].